Whenever it comes to voice translating applications Clownfish Voice Changer is one of the top applications used by many people out there. The application works great with Skype and other communication platforms. Hence it is trusted by organizations and individuals. As well as, it is backed by a bunch of features like real-time voice translation and supports a number of languages. However, there is one common problem that many faces is the “Clownfish Voice Changer not working”.
In case if you are facing the Clownfish Voice Changer not working issue and wondering how to fix it. Then I am here to help you out. In this article, I will talk about all the steps that you can follow to fix the Clownfish Voice Changer not working issue.
Clownfish Voice Changer not working | Working Solution – Step by Step
Check Skype’s Version
The good thing about this problem is that Microsoft came forward and officially responded to the issue. And according to them, computers without the SSE2 instructions will not be compatible with the newer version of Skype. So, in other words, you can say that, if Instagram is not compatible with your computer, then there are quite a lot of features which will not work.
SSE2 stands for Streaming SIMD Extension 2 and it is compatible almost with all the available CPU’s in the market. However, in case if you have an older CPU, then it is better to check the version of Skype installed on your computer. As Microsoft has said that Clownfish is not compatible with the newer version of Skype.
So if you install the older version of Skype on your computer. You might fix the Clownfish Voice Changer not working problem. So how do you check the version of Skype?
- At first, you have to launch the Skype application from your computer.
- After that click on your profile picture located at the top left side of the window.
- Then a new window will pop up. From here you have to select “About this version” from the list of options.
- Over here you will find the version number of Skype. Check if it is the latest one or not. If it is the latest version, then try uninstalling it and install a low version Skype on your computer.
Installing your Microphone in Clownfish
Clownfish takes users input from the Microphone installed on your device. Then it changes the voice output and forwards further. This is the basic job of Clownfish.
However, at times, Clownfish may not perform this basic job correctly. And one of the main reason behind this can be your Microphone. There is a high chance that the Microphone is not installed on your computer correctly or it has bad drivers. So, as a result, it is not getting voice input and failing to complete the basic job. The best way to fix this is to reinstall Microphone. So how do you do that? well for this, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, launch the Clownfish app from your computer from the bottom right taskbar.
- Then right click on the icon and go to Setup.
- Over here, you will find a bunch of different modules which allows you to change your voice. Simply select one of them and then click on Install.
- In the end, simply restart your computer and check if it has solved the issue or not.
In the end, you can try updating Clownfish. Clownfish often has faced a hard time to keep updated itself with the services it provides like Discord or Skype. Hence, they need to roll out frequent updates to solve all the miss compatibility issues and bugs. And there is a high chance that you might be using Skype or Discord’s latest versions. But not the same case with Clownfish. So it is better to try updating the Clownfish application once and check if everything is right or not.
So that was all for the clownfish voice changer not working. Now go ahead and try these steps out and see how they are working for you. Also, for any questions, feel free to comment below.